Guerra Junqueiro House Museum
The Guerra Junqueiro House museum was created in 1942 by Maria Isabel Guerra Junqueiro, in order to recreate the atmosphere of the private house of the Portuguese poet and politician born in 1850. Installed in a noble house of baroque architecture, this museum contains a remarkable set of jewelry decorative arts, furniture, ceramics, textiles, glass, metal, weapons and armor and a deposit of sculpture, donated by Guerra Junqueiro to the National Museum of Ancient Art. The House Museum was rehabilitated to host the museum valence and has a space for temporary exhibitions, an auditorium, a cafeteria and a shop. In the garden, do not forget to admire the sculpture of Leopoldo de Almeida that immortalizes the fighter and greatest publicist of the Republic, which was appointed Minister of Portugal in Bern, in 1910.