Church of Santo António dos Congregados
The Church of Santo António dos Congregados is located just outside the metro and train station of St. Bento. It dates to the late seventeenth century using an earlier chapel from 1662 that was to be the seat of the Confraria de Santo António de Lisboa. The Baroque façade features a niche with a statue of St. Anthony. The exterior tiles and the interior wall paintings depict scenes from St. Anthony’s life and attest to the devotion to the patron saint of Lisbon. It is accessible to people with reduced mobility.