Chapel of Souls
Built in the early eighteenth century, the Chapel of Souls is one of the most beautiful churches of Porto. Its exterior is beautiful. It was covered in 1929 with tiles representing moments in the life of Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Catherine.
The tiles of this monument, which is located near the Bolhão Market and metro station, were restored in 1982. Although simple, the interior is equally interesting, 'hiding' the image of Nossa Senhora das Almas, (Our Lady of the Souls), which dates back to when the chapel was first built. Note that the Chapel of Souls is in the middle of the Rua de Santa Catarina, one of the best known shopping street in the city.