Church of São Pedro of Clérigos
Better known as the Church of the Clérigos, it was built in the first half of the eighteenth century by Nicolau Nasoni for the Brotherhood of Clérigos (Clerics). The group comprising the church and the Clérigos Tower was started in 1732 and completed in 1749. The church has an unusual oval floorplan and an interior decorated with gilt wood work in the style of King D. João V. The main chapel features a beautiful Rococo altarpiece with four-color marble. The church was rehabilitated in 2014 and this intervention endowed it with new and modern museum spaces, with tip technology, digital and multimedia, such as the Museum of the Brotherhood and the Christ Museum.The work lasted a year and also included the installation of a lift and the construction of new access - including for people with reduced mobility.