Tower of Pedro Sem
Its existence was first documented in the fifteenth century. The Tower of Pedro Sem belonged to the descendants of Pedro Sem, chancellor of King D.Afonso IV, and was later passed into the possession of the Brandão family, who sold it to the Mitra do Porto. The building, which today houses the religious foundation SPES, underwent several changes over the years, but, in general, its main element, which is the tower, keeps its medieval aesthetic. The Tower was acquired in 1919 by the Diocese of Porto and was home of the Episcopal Palace. In 1986, it was adapted into a residence belonging to the diocese by architect Abrunhosa de Brito who completely transformed the interior.