Santo António Hospital
The Santo António Hospital, which is located in the city center, was designed by the architect John Carr, who designed the building in neo-Palladian English style, also referred to as "Architecture of Port-Wine". The hospital, built between 1770 and 1825 by the Board of Public Works, forms a large quadrangle around a yard, with a sober and stern aspect. It is a building of simple lines, where the volumes are clear. It is part of the Urban Wine Route.