Old Civil Government Building
The old building of the Civil Government of Porto was built in the eighteenth century, in 1790. It was meant to be used as Casa Pia (Pious House, an orphanage), but that never took place. It is a building that deserves notice for its design by Reinaldo Oudinot. Notice the sober pediment on the main façade of this building, which has been used as a military prison, general-Headquarters, and seat of the Civil Government.