Stock Exchange Palace
Built between 1842 and 1910, the Stock Exchange Palace is one of the most beautiful buildings of the city and the home (and property) of the Commercial Association of Porto (Porto Chamber of Commerce), which was founded in 1934. The guided tours last 30 minutes and begin in the Hall of Nations, which is where the ruins of the former cloister of the Convent of St. Francisco once stood. The location was donated by Queen Maria II so that the businessmen of the city had a place to meet. The tours end in the old Ballroom known as the Arab Hall. It is the most beautiful room of the building and ends the visit on a grand note. It was built in the Arabic style and inspired by the Alhambra Palace in Granada. Tours are given in 4 languages: Portuguese, Spanish, French and English. More than 220,000 visitors toured the Stock Exchange Palace in 2013. While in the building, it's worth taking note of the restaurant “O Comercial”.